[MPlayer-users] Mplayer getting EOF

Marcos Iuato iuato at samurai.com.br
Thu Apr 26 14:02:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

RC escreveu:
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:30:55 -0300
> Marcos Iuato <iuato at samurai.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Why mplayer is geeting EOF? Mplayer is getting EOF but mencoder was
>> still running generating streaming for mplayer,
>
> MPlayer doesn't know this is a live stream, rather than a file.  With
> mplayer doing caching, and perhaps with mencoder buffering frames
> before outputting, MPlayer may hit the EOF before mencoder gets a chance
> to output more data.  Perhaps your hard drive can't keep up?
>
> Try waiting a while before starting mplayer, and see if you still have
> the same problem.

The time shifting consists by menconder capturing from vl42 and
recording in a fifo and a thread reads from this fifo and record into
files. There is another thread that reads this files and feeds mplayer
by stdin.

This process is working very well using some kind of encoding like mpeg2
  , mpeg4, ... But this problem just appers when I use video raw.
Mplayer doesn't reach EOF becouse I have paused mplayer so what mplayer
was playing it was late by at least 10 minutes from live tv.

Using sar to generates reports of disk usage I see that i/o is not
overloaded becouse disk %util stays around ~30%.

Whatelse could cause EOF to mplayer?

Cheers,
Marcos Iuato