[MPlayer-users] playlist suggestion

Robert Parker theparkers.mailbox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 23:26:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm experimenting launching mplayer from within a web browser to play
different types of web content. The problem is that for playlist files
(.asx, .ram etc) I have to add the "-playlist" parameter but for
actual media files (.wmv, .ra) the "-playlist" parameter should not be
used. So what do I for configuring the browser? I could create a batch
file or shell file that the browser launches for playlist extensions:

> cat mplayerplaylist
mplayer -playlist $1

but this doesnt feel very satisfactory. Why doesnt mplayer just
recognise known file extensions as play list files ?

My suggestion is to have a config file option for specifying the list
of known playlist file extensions:

> cat config
fs=yes
playlist-extensions=ram,asx

Is this a reasonable idea? how do I go about officially requesting this change?

thanks