[MPlayer-users] Possibilitiy to specify alsa output "default:CARD=Headset"

Philipp Kolmann philipp at kolmann.at
Thu Aug 2 09:29:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

sorry to bother. Currently when I want to have mplayer ao to my Headset I set
in the .mplayer/config file:

ao=alsa:device=default=hw=1.0

That works, but blocks the port. I also tried it with noblock, with no better
result.

Now I wanted to try to get mplayer to play to the default (with dmix) port of
my headset, which works, if I set the device to:

default:CARD=Headset

Problem is, that I have to substitute the ":" to "=" in the config to work. In
libao2/ao_alsa.c 238++ the "="'s are set to ":". But also the second "=". So
alsalib doesn't recognize the device.

Is there a possibility to have another subst char for "="?

Thanks
Philipp

--
The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog!