[MPlayer-users] How to force SSA subtitles size to constant one ?

Evgeniy Stepanov eugeni.stepanov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 11:44:00 CEST 2007

On Friday 03 August 2007, Sasza wrote:
> > SSA/ASS subtitles are scaled proportional to movie height, so with these
> > two movies their size (in pixels) should be identical. If you have a
> > sample where they aren't, send it.
>
> I have. Both .mkv files are AVC1 encoded 1280x544 movies with the same
> resolution. They gives total different subs font size (one 2 times
> smaller than other).
> Q: Both files are 5GB files - so how can I sent it ?

So you have different subtitles with the same video resolution ? Most likely
they have different PlayResX/PlayResY settings. Currently there is no way to
override it in mplayer. You can extract subtitles with mkvextract and fix the
resulting .ass file. MPlayer calculates font size as FontSize * video
height / PlayResY.