[MPlayer-users] DVD & Ripguard

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Sat Aug 4 12:43:49 CEST 2007

The last days I've been tooling around with the thought of getting some
DVDs from the States which are known to "feature" the RipGuard Copy
protection (i.e. "flightplan" and "déjà vu")

Now I was wondering if something already has some experience with any of
these discs (or any other RipGuard protected DVDs.

p.s. With Sony's copy protection I can live, since with using dvdnav I
can steer around them, but I have no familiarity with RipGuard. I once
had a DVD (Silent Hill from Germany) which was protected by another
mechanism (Protect-X or whatever) and couldn't do anything with it,
since dvdread could not read any IFOs at all (since the file system
entries were a complete mess) so I returned that DVD.

--
Cheers,
Alex