[MPlayer-users] How to force SSA subtitles size to constant one ?

Παναγιώτης Κατσαλούλ Παναγιώτης Κατσαλούλ
Sat Aug 4 21:01:11 CEST 2007

 > On Friday 03 August 2007, Sasza wrote:
 > > > SSA/ASS subtitles are scaled proportional to movie height, so
with these
 > > > two movies their size (in pixels) should be identical. If you
have a
 > > > sample where they aren't, send it.
 > >
 > > I have. Both .mkv files are AVC1 encoded 1280x544 movies with
the same
 > > resolution. They gives total different subs font size (one 2 times
 > > smaller than other).
 > > Q: Both files are 5GB files - so how can I sent it ?
 >
 > So you have different subtitles with the same video resolution ?
Most likely
 > they have different PlayResX/PlayResY settings. Currently there is
no way to
 > override it in mplayer. You can extract subtitles with mkvextract
and fix the
 > resulting .ass file. MPlayer calculates font size as FontSize * video
 > height / PlayResY.

So, the only way to set a font to a fixed size is to do something like:
-ass-font-scale (PlayResY/video height)

Since I can't get this information prior mplayer execution, is there
any way to set fixed font size for ass subtitles and override this
formula?
Like what -subfont-autoscale 0 does.