[MPlayer-users] Served playlist via outside program

Ralf Schade-Greschke rgreschke at synergix.de
Sat Aug 4 23:00:04 CEST 2007

Hi Folks.

I got a little prblem with acting on playlists inside mplayer.

I wrote a program to control the playlist but strange things gonna
happen.

First: I start mplayer with: screen -dmS MP mplayer -input
file=/tmp/mplayer.fifo -key-fifo-size 2 -nosound -zoom -x 1024 -y 768
-idle

I'll have to do this, no questions pls ;)

I'm building an internal playlist within my program. There a some stuff
that needs to be played immediatley, others on special conditions and
others run in a loop

My first try were a echo "loadlist" but that doesn't work, the
files that have special conditions can't be inserted into the list inside
mplayer

So I decided to manipulate the internal playlist of mplayer and inserted
the following command to a new created command MP_CMD_CLEARLIST:

if(playtree) {

play_tree_free_list(playtree, 1);

playtree = NULL;

            }

My question:

Is this the right way to destroy the internal playlist of mplayer?

Thx in advance

Ralf