[MPlayer-users] gmplayer VS mplayer : XV fullscreen problem with only gmplayer

gael.eveno at free.fr gael.eveno at free.fr
Fri Aug 10 18:56:21 CEST 2007

Hello!

I compiled mplayer from SVN source with enabling gtk2 GUI.

mplayer command line works well :

 mplayer -vo xv -fs foo.avi allows me to see the movie in fullscreen with Xv.

But commands about GUI fails:

gmplayer -vo xv -fs foo.avi only gives me a black screen.
That's the same problem if i use directly the GUI by clicking the Mplayer icon.
My settings are OK, video output is at XV (I verified in my ~/.mplayer/gui.conf
and I get vo_driver = "xv")
Is there an other value to change somewhere?

What are the different behaviours between gmplayer and mplayer?

I also tried mplayer -gui -vo xv -fs foo.avi and the same problem appears.

It just work in windowed mode by comebacking with pressing F key...

Gael

Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when you open
Windows