[MPlayer-users] bsdbt848 performance

Marcin Simonides marcin at studio4plus.com
Sun Aug 12 14:03:26 CEST 2007

I'm having problems with TV output performance on FreeBSD with the
bsdbt848 driver - I get only 1 frame per second (more or less, not
measured). CPU is only 5-10% in use.

I'm aware that this might be a FreeBSD's bktr driver's fault but other
people claim that they use MPlayer with almost the same configuration I
do (I've inquired on the freebsd-multimedia list). Also, playback works
fine with fxtv.
The TV card I use (a K-World with Conexant 878) has been used about two
years ago in a different computer and everything worked fine back then.
Unfortunately I'm not able to test it with a different computer right now.
The issue is not related to output method in any way (x11 and xv work
the same).

The settings I use: -tv driver=bsdbt848:input=1
I've also tried using norm=PAL, chanlist=eastern-europe etc. without any
effects.

What would you suggest I could use to diagnose and solve the problem?
Setting MPLAYER_VERBOSE to 10 doesn't reveal anything useful for me in
this case.
--
Marcin Simonides