[MPlayer-users] iPhone video conversion.

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 22:41:12 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 8/14/07, Alec Robertson <alec.robertson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Has anyone had any luck converting videos to the H.264 or MPEG4 format for
> > > the iPhone? I tried setting resolution and framerate, but I can't even get
> > > the videos to load. iTunes just ignores the video. I tried forcing the fourcc
> > > to M4VP. If anyone has any examples then I would appreciate seeing them.
> > > Maybe I'm just missing something obvious.
> >
> > if you follow the iPod conversion guide written in our HTML doc, you
> > should be able to get files that work on the iPhone.
>
> Hmmm, I checked the html docs:
>   http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML-single/en/MPlayer.html
> but could find no references to the iPod. Could you please post a link?

Sorry, I thought that it had been added.
In this thread:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-docs/2007-January/008816.html
a contributor posted a patch to detail how to create ipod-compatible
files, but never fixed all the issues we found with his contribution
to get this patch merged.

The information in that patch should be useful to your anyway...

Guillaume
--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte