[MPlayer-users] Skew between seek and get_time_pos

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Thu Aug 16 22:41:00 CEST 2007

Phil Rhodes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, I've seen that happen. I seem to recall I figured out some sort of
> correction for it, but it's a bit flaky on uncompressed versus compressed
> media. Are you sure it isn't just seeking to the nearest keyframe?

Well, the seeking bit seems to work. At any rate, I can seek to a given
time and then seek to one second earlier and the audio seems to back up
a second.

> In my situation I was only using seek because set_time_pos didn't work - I
> really don't think anyone much cares about slave mode. Almost nobody seems
> to use it.

Bummmer. It's pretty handy for what I'm doing (controlling it from Emacs
while transcribing recorded interviews) but it'd be a lot better if the
get_time_pos returned answers that matched seek's behavior.

-Peter

Peter Seibel                     : peter at gigamonkeys.com
A Billion Monkeys Can't be Wrong : http://www.gigamonkeys.com/blog/
Practical Common Lisp            : http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/