[MPlayer-users] Not able to hear sound on Solaris when Mplayer is used

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 12:30:00 CEST 2007

Narendra Kumar S.S wrote:

> OK. I upgraded to latest version (available on blastwave.org).
> Still I am having the same problem.
> Also, it is telling that the codecs.conf is too old and incompatible.

codecs.conf should not be used except during compilation or by
developers. If you have copies outside of the MPlayer source tree, you
should probably remove them.

> Here is the screen dump:
> googol:~> mplayer /temp/Afternoons_in_offices.wmv
> MPlayer 1.0pre8-3.4.5 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

This is not the latest version.

The most recent official release is 1.0rc1.

The latest version is not an official release, but a copy compiled on
your own computer from sources obtained from the MPlayer SVN repository.

The most recent official release is sometimes supported on these mailing
lists.

However, it has been long enough since the most recent official release
that it is not worth investigating problems in a version that old, and
so only the latest SVN version is presently supported here.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.