[MPlayer-users] Switching audio stream while playing?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Aug 18 14:40:35 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 01:33:10PM +0200, ACS wrote:
> > Question: Is there any way to switch the audio stream (e.g. when playing a
> > multi language avi) in a running mplayer?
> >
> afaik multilanguage AVIs aren't standard to begin with.

While there is no (standard) way to specify the language, AVIs with
multiple audio or even video streams are perfectly standard.
Both audio and video stream switching for AVI files was implemented by
me in r21419 for our native demuxer and probably was supported before
that via -demuxer lavf, and I think this also is documented since quite
a while..

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger