[MPlayer-users] mplayer crashes on Windows Vista system

JonY 10walls at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 14:46:20 CEST 2007

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 August 2007 at 13:08, verykang wrote:
>>  When I play some rmvb files on Vista, Mplayer often crashes after a
>> while. But I can play them well with Mplayer of the same version on Win2000
>> or XP.
>
> Since it's happening only on Vista, maybe it's related to the artificial 32MB
> malloc() limit for applications not using Win32 API:
> http://www.trnicely.net/misc/vista.html
>
> Regards,
> R.

Hi,

FTA, it seems that it only applies to DJGPP and to some extent g77
Fortran, not to mingw or cygwin. IMHO, mingw (not sure about cygwin)
uses native win32 calls, so is not subjected to the 32 MB limit, I doubt
OP is using Mplayer under DOS mode.

What is the exact crash error message or does mplayer just exits without
warnings?