[MPlayer-users] Improvement suggestion: "replace currently played movie file"

Zbigniew Baniewski zb at ispid.com.pl
Sun Aug 19 18:05:41 CEST 2007

Hallo,

I'm using GMPlayer as a default movie files viewer together with ROX-Filer.
There is one inconvenience of such solution: if I click on the movie name,
it opens that movie in gmplayer's window - and that's OK. But when I click
another movie, it'll run another gmplayer instance... and so on, when I want
to view next movies. But there's very rarely a need to view all them at the
same time.

Perhaps could be possible to add another command-line option, which will
suppress the behaviour: "check, if there's GMPlayer running currently - and
if so, then replace currently played movie with a demanded one (instead
of running another instance of program)"?

Pay attention: it isn't functionality of already available option: "-enqueue".

Yes, I know, that I can just stop playing, then open gmplayer's own "select
file" window (and it's I'm currently doing) - but when I'm using ROX-Filer
already, and I've got a full list of movie names in the window aside,
wouldn't be simpler just to single-click another name, instead of stopping,
opening menu, moving slider, looking for proper name and so on?
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski