[MPlayer-users] about mencoder

hong liu l1436636 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 03:10:26 CEST 2007

Although I posted a similar message this afternoon, I am still afraid my message might be confusing to people. Now I decide to
describe my question in detail. There is a mp4 file consisting of a video and an audio, and it is called test.mp4. It is put in a RTSP
streaming server. Now I want to use mencoder to record just video on the disk.

First I used "mencoder rtsp://x.x.x.x/test.mp4 -ovc copy -o test.mp4". It would not work and recommend to add the option of
 '-nosound'. Then I use "mencoder rtsp://x.x.x.x/test.mp4 -ovc copy -nosound -o test.mp4". However it would not work either.

Can anyone offer any help to make it work? Thank you in advance!