[MPlayer-users] xv-fs doesn't take up all the available screen size

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 27 09:04:08 CEST 2007

Hi all,
   I'll post logs as soon as I get back home, but meanwhile I'll
describe the problem.
I'm running X.org at 1360x768, and I can play full-screen video with VLC
and mplayer using the SDL video-output driver; but if I use mplayer with
the XV driver, than I cannot get a real fullscreen: the movie only takes
1280x768 maximum, so I have 80 columns of black pixels on the right side
of my screen. It doesn't depend on the movie, it's just what mplayer
allows me to do.
I'll post detailed logs, but anyway I remember that when I switch to
fullscreen mode, I see two lines similar to these:

[xv] width = 1360, height = 768
[xv-fs] width = 1280, height = 768

So it seems that it correctly recognises that my XV can do 1360x768, but
then it uses only part of it?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
   Alberto