[MPlayer-users] MPlayer crash?

Piotr Stachura albert1 at autocom.pl
Wed Aug 29 20:50:42 CEST 2007

Dnia środa, 29 sierpnia 2007, Chris Arnold napisał:
> [fbdev2] Can't open /dev/fb0: Permission denied

Isn't that your problem? I think that you have a permission problem. Check if
playing file using root account will bring that error (which shouldn't be
possible).

> When i disable xgl, mplayer works fine. What in xgl could be causing
> this problem?

Isn't XGL using DirectFB?? If that's right then mayby XGL changes permission
to fb or locking it? Did you try to play file using -vo xv ?? Since it's
accelerated it should be a good choice.
Anyway I used to using XGL but, since video in this mode is just an overlay,
fast motions flickered on the screen ao I preffer to watch movies w/o XGL
errects enabled.

--
Piotr Stachura