[MPlayer-users] SVN compiling problem

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Fri Aug 31 19:47:34 CEST 2007

Hi,

JonY wrote:

> Anyway, the new tools are available here, get the .tar.gz packages
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435

Thanks, have done it.

> The configure eval problem is possibly
> caused by a bug in bash, use the snapshot bash 3.1, also
> from the above site.

I've downloaded it, but have no idea of how to install it. I've untar-ed it,
but where to copy the files to? I've copied them into the MSYS\bin, etc.
direstories. Is it correct? Anyway the same error is appeared. Then I've
opened "configure" file, have found that line (2315) and have changed the
tilda signs to quotes. Now I see another behaviour:

===============><8================
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... ac_maketemp=\c:/MinGW/bin/make.exe"
no
===============><8================

Some strange string appears, but at least there are no errors. Have you any
idea why tilda signs here produce an error, though they work correctly at
other places?

Then I'm calling "make", it goes and some new errors appear at the end of
listing:

===============><8================
gcc  -o ndisasm.exe ndisasm.o disasm.o sync.o nasmlib.o insnsd.o
nroff -man nasm.1 > nasm.man
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin/groff: can't find `DESC' file
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin/groff:fatal error: invalid device `ascii'
c:\MinGW\bin\make.exe: *** [nasm.man] Error 3
===============><8================

I see some references to cygwin here... Is it correct? Yes, I installed
cygwin earlier, but then I installed MinGW. Maybe I need to remove cygwin
from the system? If so, then how to do it correctly? AFAIK, cygwin has no
uninstaller.

> I wasn't aware that Mplayer uses nasm!? Does it?

As far as I see, LAME uses it. At least its "configure" seeks for it, and a
message appears if it is not found.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Alexander