[MPlayer-users] Can anyone tell me how to patch a .diff files to source code? Thanks!

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Fri Aug 31 23:26:52 CEST 2007

On Friday 31 August 2007 22:07, verykang wrote:
>   As I said in the title of this letter.
> Can anyone tell me how to patch .diff files to MPlayer source code?
> Sorry for this simple question.
> one of MPlayer fans

Try from the root of the source tree:

patch --dry-run -p1 < some.patch.file.patch

If it gives a run of Patching filename.c with no errors, you are ok to go
and rerun the command without --dry-run. You might need to change -p1
to -p0, depending on how the patch was created.
--dry-run is a GNU patch extension IIRC. If your patch program does not
support it, make a backup of your source tree first.

--Ivo