[MPlayer-users] low motion / dark scenes with macroblock artifacts

Steven Miller stevenraymillerjr at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 2 18:45:19 CET 2007

I posted last week asking for a brief description of
what causes these artifacts, and ways to deal with
them. No one took a swing at it. I understand it's a
pretty complex subject that get covered often. Maybe
someone could give me a quick run through of codec
options to deal with them. I use fmp4, xvid, x264 and
h264. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve