[MPlayer-users] archivemedia.publicradio.org streams using player.swf

Marshall KerwoodDerby at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:18:13 CET 2007

I'd been using mplayer to save the streams from the Pipedreams
broadast from American Public Media so I could listen to them on
my MP3 player, but recently they've switched to a strictly-web-based
means, involving a shockwave app called "player.swf". Here's an
example of a page which will bring up one of those players:

http://pipedreams.publicradio.org/listings/2007/0749

One of the link below "Listen to the program" will do it.

I can't figure out what it's doing, but I noticed there are an
amazing number of connections being opened closed while it's playing.

Has anyone else seen this, and can mplayer still be used to capture
the stream?

Thanks.