[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 1.0rc2 does not compile on Mac

David Wagner dhwagnertx at mac.com
Wed Dec 5 15:12:50 CET 2007

OK, I got it to work.  How can I build MPlayer as a MacOS X app?  The
precompiled binary Mohammad A. Haque does not work on my Intel iMac--
it fails with:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib
   Referenced from: /Applications/MPlayer OSX.app/Contents/Resources/
External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
   Reason: image not found

However if I install Mr. Haque's precompiled binary OS X app, and
then copy my compiled binary to
/Applications/MPlayer\ OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/
mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer

then it works. But it would be nice to know how to build the app.

Thanks for your help,

David Wagner