[MPlayer-users] Using -audiofile in Mac OS X

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 15:38:16 CET 2007

2007/12/5, Philip Jacob Smith <pj41985 at ecstaticlyrics.com>:
> I can't get "-audiofile" to work in Mac OS X.
>
> Command line:  /Applications/MPlayer\ OSX.app/Contents/MacOS/MPlayer\
> OSX "mf://video/*.jpg" -mf fps=25 -audiofile video/audio.wav
>
> It works in Linux, but in Mac OS X, the video plays without the
> audio.  MPlayer will play the audio alone if I tell it to just play
> the audio, but it won't play it along with the video.
>
> MPlayer output:
>
> Pj at awesomecross:~/video/test$ /Applications/MPlayer\ OSX.app/Contents/
> MacOS/MPlayer\ OSX "mf://final/*.jpg" -mf fps=25 -audiofile final/
> audio.wav
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r21482-4.0.1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7300  @ 2.00GHz (Family: 6,
> Model: 15, Stepping: 10)
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
> Playing mf://final/*.jpg.
> [mf] search expr: final/*.jpg
> [mf] number of files: 9894 (39576)
> [demux_mf] file type was not set! trying 'type=jpg'...
> VIDEO:  [IJPG]  0x0  24bpp  25.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
> =
> =
> Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
> Selected video codec: [ffmjpeg] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MJPEG decoder)
> =
> =
> Audio: no sound
> Starting playback...
> VDec: vo config request - 320 x 240 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
> Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
> Opening video filter: [scale]
> VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 3)
> Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
> SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 1 -> 4
> SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 1 -> 4
> SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 1 -> 1
> SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 5 -> 4
> SwScaler: BICUBIC scaler, from yuv420p to yuyv422 using MMX2
> SwScaler: using 4-tap MMX scaler for horizontal luminance scaling
> SwScaler: using 4-tap MMX scaler for horizontal chrominance scaling
> SwScaler: using n-tap MMX scaler for vertical scaling (BGR)
> SwScaler: 320x240 -> 320x240
> VO: [macosx] 320x240 => 320x240 Packed YUY2
>
> The option seems to be ignored.  I don't get an error if I specify a
> file that doesn't exist.
>
> I'd really love for this to work because I've been using MPlayer along
> with ffmpeg and some Perl scripts as a video editor.  At first I did
> so in Linux because I couldn't find a video editor that worked, or
> that I could install, and now that I'm in MacOS I've found that iMovie
> won't do 320x240, and it apparently hates the AVI files created by my
> digital camera, even though they play in Quicktime.  So I just want to
> do things the way I was doing them in Linux, as editing with Perl
> scripts is rather fun anyway.  If I come up with an idea, like making
> [...]

Your mplayer path is wrong, you are using mplayer osx's path instead
of mplayer's mplayer osx does not support mplayer's parameters. The
path to mplayer should be /Applications/MPlayer\
OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer_intel.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
according to the log you posted.

--
Ulion