[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 1.0rc2 does not compile on Mac

Mohammad A. Haque mhaque at haque.net
Wed Dec 5 15:53:17 CET 2007

On Dec 5, 2007, at 9:12 AM, David Wagner wrote:

> OK, I got it to work.  How can I build MPlayer as a MacOS X app?  The
> precompiled binary Mohammad A. Haque does not work on my Intel iMac--
> it fails with:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Applications/MPlayer OSX.app/Contents/Resources/
> External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
>   Reason: image not found
>
> However if I install Mr. Haque's precompiled binary OS X app, and
> then copy my compiled binary to
> /Applications/MPlayer\ OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/
> mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
>
> then it works. But it would be nice to know how to build the app.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> David Wagner

This is probably because I'm compiling on a Leopard machine and you're
launching it on a Tiger machine?

I think the problem is that under Leopard /usr/X11R6 is a symlink to /
usr/X11 and during linking process it keeps the dereferenced path. /
usr/X11 doesn't exist on Tiger and earlier and fails.

Mohammad A. Haque                      http://www.haque.net/
                                         mhaque at haque.net

   "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.
    Don't drink and derive." --Unknown