[MPlayer-users] rc2 subtitle mess-up

Pál, János ioannes.pavlvs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 19:27:57 CET 2007

Hi,

I just downloaded the new MPlayer 1.0 rc2 binary for Windows. I'm using
Win2k.
I tried a film with Hungarian subtitles, and saw that some letters with
accents get messed up. At first I thought it was only because of the new
font, so I set it back to good old Arial.
Unfortunately the bug still remained - although previous versions didn't
have it. I haven't tried it on other operating systems yet.

Here are a few samples:

1)
Sample from subtitle file:
218
00:28:54,967 --> 00:28:58,721
És én, hogy "Jó éjt".

Messed up text:
¿s én, hogy "Jé ójt".

Screenshot:
http://fotojani.extra.hu/mplayer_bug/mplayer-1.0rc2_letters_mixed_01.png

2)
Sample from subtitle file:
219
00:29:01,847 --> 00:29:05,886
"Jó éjt, édesem."

Messed up text:
"Jé ójt, édesem."

Screenshot:
http://fotojani.extra.hu/mplayer_bug/mplayer-1.0rc2_letters_mixed_02.png

3)
Sample from subtitle file:
223
00:29:33,687 --> 00:29:38,044
- Körülbelül mikor?
- Nem tudom, ki volt az.

Messed up text:
- Körlbel?l mikor
- Nem tudom, ki volt az.

Screenshot:
http://fotojani.extra.hu/mplayer_bug/mplayer-1.0rc2_letters_mixed_03.png

Can some developer have a look at this? Or is the problem simpler than I
think?

Thanks,
Jancsi