[MPlayer-users] Problem playing DVD movie, quality issue -- can expert help?

Sara Glade saraglade at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 02:18:06 CET 2007

> Sara Glade wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I am playing a DVD movie I own using the newest MPLAYER,
> > however this one DVD has very bad, I guess you can call it
> > interleaving, with rude lines in the video at high resolution. Is there
> > a way to enjoy the video without this?
> >

> I think you might be talking about interlacing. Try:
>
> mplayer -vf pp=lb. There are various ways of de-interlacing. See the
> MPlayer documentation for details.

>> pp=lb is quite blurry, not to mention that you're losing half the resolution.
>> Try -vf yadif=0.
>> Regards,
>> R.

Greetings, I find myself in between with these filters,

-vf pp=lb

Works best so far for this one video, however, as you say I am losing half the resolution? There is a little annoying blurriness remaining, but better than nothing.

Using, -vf yadif=0

actually made it worse that without having anything at all. :/  Maybe there is something in between -vf pp=lb and
-vf yadif=0 I can try?

a) -vf pp=lb still looks pretty good, but there is a little distortion or blurriness, as you pointed out, a factor of this filter technique

Where is list of all Filter switches, so I can just try them all to see what works, are they listable from the MPlayer Interface?

Have a great weekend.