[MPlayer-users] VOB Seek Issue

Sara Glade saraglade at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 00:22:39 CET 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it>
To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:12:26 AM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] VOB Seek Issue

Il Thursday 13 December 2007 09:28:17 Steven Henrey ha scritto:

> Sarah and Nicola, NO, at this time I don't think MPlayer is capable
> of rewinding a 'joined' .VOB file over 1GB. If you see "Cannot seek
> backward in linear stream" for a VOB file like that, that means it
> is broken. There is no cure. This is fact. Also do not top post and
> get off this group.

to whom are you saying to get off this group?

Nico is First Class gentlemen!!!, ... nobody is going to leave this group Steve-O.

Forward,....
Can someone seriously take this challenge germane to my original question?

Here is what I have (to recap)

Ok, if I use dumpstream to create a VOB, ... it creates a 4+ GB file from my movies.

Like: outputtedfile.vob (4.2 GB single file)

Ok, the problem is, when I try to play it using Mplayer, like: mplayer outputtedfile.vob .... the "Seek Backward" function does not work. :( :( :( Why is this?  Is there some way, --anyway--- to make VOB file so that such VOB file retains its rewind capability?
 :)
anyone know?