[MPlayer-users] MPlayer blank after resuming from suspend

Thomas Ruedas ruedas at dtm.ciw.edu
Tue Dec 18 07:57:52 CET 2007

Hi,
On Saturday 15 December 2007 04:12, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> just gl is likely to be quite slow. You should try if you can use any of
> the -vo gl:yuv=... suboptions.
I have tried both -vo gl and -vo gl2, both with and without yuv=5 and don't
notice a difference; this current solution is fine for me. But maybe
that's because the movie isn't really that complicated, and it has no
sound, so I guess it doesn't challenge the hardware too much.
> I can also have a look at the -dr problem, it is not a known problem to
> me. I'd need at least the full mplayer output (that would indicate if
> maybe your card just does not support PixelBuffers, but the mplayer
> normally would crash) and if possible a screenshot of the bad image
Ok, if you want to have a look at it, the complete output to stdout is
below. A full screenshot can be seen at
http://www.dtm.ciw.edu/ruedas/bad_mplayer.png
Thomas

MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2300  @ 1.66GHz (Family: 6, Model: 14,
Stepping: 8)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: Connection refused
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing 2000km_ih/im/img_t.avi.
AVI file format detected.
[aviheader] Video stream found, -vid 0
AVI: No audio stream found -> no sound.
VIDEO:  [FMP4]  800x400  24bpp  3.000 fps  433.0 kbps (52.9 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
 Software: MEncoder 1.0rc2-4.1.2
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 800 x 400 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 2.00:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [xv] 800x400 => 800x400 Planar YV12
New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
V:  66.7 201/201 6838% 97%  0.0% 0 0 8192.00x

Exiting... (End of file)

--
Thomas Ruedas
Department of Terrestrial Magnetism