[MPlayer-users] mplayer error: Error while decoding frame!

Chang,Yi-Wen chang.yiwen at tw.panasonic.com
Wed Dec 19 03:35:01 CET 2007

Hi,

> I tried to send some frames, not a whole file. And, dump the stream data.
> I found that, MPlayer just receives data from the fifth frame (not complete frame) and lost the first 4 frames,
> so that results in no complete header and error while decoding frame in MPlayer.

> Do you know what reasons possibly result in that? (I use ethereal and no packet is lost)

Now, we solved the problem by repeating to send the first frame for 5 or 6 times
and then continue sending the successive frames. And, now mplayer can play streaming normally.

But, we still don't know why Mplayer lose the first 4~5 frames.
By Ethereal, we look that, at first, our RTSP server sends frames to a specific port at destination
that Mplayer place, but Mplayer doesn't use the port.
After a while, Mplayer does use the specific port.
I am not sure the is the reason to result in data loss in MPlayer.