[MPlayer-users] Problem with CD audio

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 16:33:33 CET 2007

2007/12/19, Kevin DeKorte <kdekorte at gmail.com>:

> I'm using SVN as off today (MPlayer dev-SVN-r25462-4.1.2) and when I
> play a cd with the following
>
> mplayer cdda://1   I get a lot of stuttering, so I add cache
>
> mplayer -cache 2048 cdda://1    and it sounds much better, but when I
> try track two
>
> mplayer -cache 2048 cdda://2   mplayer bails out, enabling the -v flag
> shows this
>
> Playing cdda://2.
> get_path('sub/') -> '/home/kdekorte/.mplayer/sub/'
> Found audio CD with 45 tracks.
> STREAM: [cdda] cdda://2
> STREAM: Description: CDDA
> STREAM: Author: Albeu
> STREAM: Comment:
> CACHE_PRE_INIT: 0 [0] 0  pre:419430  eof:0
> Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)
> Track 2
> Cache fill: 12.89% (270336 bytes)
>
> Track 1
> stream_seek: WARNING! Can't seek to 0x22B0000 !
> cache_stream_seek: WARNING! Can't seek to 0x22B04B0 !
> rawaudio file format detected.
> ==> Found audio stream: 0
>

> So it looks like caching for CDs on tracks > 1 is broken somehow. Can
> anyone confirm this?

Confirmed, it did. the steam cache seem will seek to the track just
before the target track and pre-read some bytes in the privous track,
that cause the seek fails since we set it in command line to only play
track 2, so seek to any part of track 1 will fail.

I will futher check why the steam_cache read ahead of target address.

--
Ulion