[MPlayer-users] mplayer error: Error while decoding frame!

Chang,Yi-Wen chang.yiwen at tw.panasonic.com
Fri Dec 21 06:25:17 CET 2007

Hi!

>> Now, we solved the problem by repeating to send the first frame for 5 or 6 times
>> and then continue sending the successive frames. And, now mplayer can play streaming normally.
>>
>> But, we still don't know why Mplayer lose the first 4~5 frames.
>> By Ethereal, we look that, at first, our RTSP server sends frames to a specific port at destination
>> that Mplayer place, but Mplayer doesn't use the port.
>> After a while, Mplayer does use the specific port.
>> I am not sure the is the reason to result in data loss in MPlayer.

>Could you comment on that report?

If I can, I will.

Another question:
When RTSP server repests to send video stream for many times,
MPlayer sometimes plays one time, two time or more and then stops and be terminated.

I want to ask whether MPlayer would be terminated when the last frame of a video stream is received
and the first frame of the video (repeat to be played) is not received yet?