[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and RAM files

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Sat Dec 22 14:53:00 CET 2007

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 00:09:28 +0000
"Steve Waller" <qprfact at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks Dominik for your email earlier. I think I'm very nearly there now!
>
> In terms of version of MPlayer, I downloaded and installed MPlayer
> v1.0rc2source from here -
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html - is that the most recent
> version? I then tried the mplayer -playlist mon1830.ram command and the
> output is below. As you can see, it's finding the Real Audio stream, but
> isn't quite finishing it. (Also, where do the converted WAV files sit? How
> can I specify where they go?):
>
> Macintosh:RAM Files me$ mplayer -playlist mon1830.ram -v
>
> MPlayer dev-CVS-041116-19:27-3.3 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team

This is not rc2, this is some obsolete (2004!) version. You're probaly
running a different mplayer instead of the one that you just compiled.
Your url works ok on rc2 or svn version on linux x86 (can't test on
ppc), I remember fixing this bug about rdt chunks a long time ago.

Ciao,
 Roberto

--
Better is the enemy of good enough.