[MPlayer-users] BBC HD

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 18:27:10 CET 2007

Phil Rhodes pisze:

>> Is the BBC transmitting HD content at the moment.

> Yes.

>> How do you receive it?

> It's a DVB-S signal originating from Astra 2D, the same satellite (and
> transponder) that carries Sky; therefore, it appears in the Sky programme
> guide. It's h.264 encoded at about 20mbps and is quite repetitive, really

It's strange encodings - I've read about it. Normally in DVB-S you can
have MPEG2 only and majority of DVB-S hardware is unable to copy with that.
I've heard that you can work with it on DVB-S2 standalone UK sat.
receiver or with DVB-S PCI computer card and Windows ProgDVB, AVC hacked
software. But to play such stream you definitely must have +3GHz CPU and
a lot of RAM. It have too much data in stream to decode (20Mbps for
1080i AVC is hideous).

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/