[MPlayer-users] MPlayer fails to play RV40 files

Ulf Magnusson ulfalizer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 11:30:59 CET 2007

On Dec 25, 2007 4:22 AM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> Ulf Magnusson <ulfalizer <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > MPlayer fails to play the RealMedia files from
> > http://www.aduni.org/courses/algorithms/index.php?view=cw , writing
> > "No stream found." to the log. RealPlayer plays them fine. I'm looking
>

> hmm, video works with mplayer 1.0pre7 ...
>
> -compn

Is that a newer version than 1.0rc2? I just installed rc2 via
MacPorts, and I still get the same problem:

"
Playing 05_lect_01.rm.
REAL file format detected.
Stream description: audio/x-pn-multirate-realaudio logical stream
Stream mimetype: audio/x-pn-realaudio-recording
Stream description: video/x-pn-multirate-realvideo logical stream
Stream mimetype: video/x-pn-realvideo-recording
Stream mimetype: logical-fileinfo
Stream mimetype: logical-fileinfo
Stream mimetype: logical-fileinfo
No stream found.

Exiting... (End of file)
"

Just out of curiosity, why isn't there a binary download for rc2 for OS X?

/Ulf