[MPlayer-users] Problem compiling mplayer on RedHat ES release 4, update 5

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Tue Dec 25 12:04:40 CET 2007

On Tuesday 25 December 2007 06:12, George R Goffe wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I have noted several weeks ago that mplayer fails to build on this system
> although it builds on my CentOS 5 system.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and/or has a solution
> for it.

Yes, I have, on an LFS system. It's down to broken system
headers. /usr/include/linux/cdrom.h includes <byteswap.h> which it
shouldn't. You can fix this by commenting out that line (in
<linux/cdrom.h>) and report it to RH, or you can move the inclusion
of "libavutil/intreadwrite.h" up a few lines in stream/stream_dvd.c so
it'll get included before <linux/cdrom.h>.

--Ivo