[MPlayer-users] MPlayer won't open filenames with non latin characters

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 20:04:17 CET 2007

Rich Felker pisze:

> On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 03:13:21AM +0100, RVM wrote:
>> Well, at least I know there's nothing wrong in my program. I hope you can
>> finally fix this bug but until then I can pass the short name to mplayer, so
>> it's not a big deal.

> The problem is that it's a bug in Windows not in MPlayer, and it
> requires some wrapper hackage to work around the bug..

Yes.
Not even native Windows player could overcome this and for such a file
it couldn't be even renamed under Windows to clean up from this non
latin character.
But, suprisingly, eMule can rename such a file under Windows - maybe
it's a some clue.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/