[MPlayer-users] libmpcodec and libavcodec~~

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 09:29:11 CET 2007

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:02:47 +0800
boku <boku0712 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But what if the returned is YUV packed data such as YUV422 packed
> data. Do I just need to config the pix_fmt to YUYV422

Yes.  If the video codec outputs in a different colorspace than needed,
-vf scale will be automatically inserted, and will do the conversion.

> and save the packed buffer into AVFrame pic->data[0] then it can be
> displayed correctly by the upper layer?

I have no idea what AVFrame does, and I don't feel like reading through
vd_ffmpeg.c right now to find out.  Perhaps it does pass the data
through, or perhaps it doesn't.  You might be better off starting out
with a simpler decoder, like vd_raw.

I believe you need to store the YUV data into mpi->planes[], and
also set mpi->stride[] appropriately.  I rarely need to work with
decoders, so I'm not sure I can offer you any further help.   Perhaps
someone else will offer some tips.