[MPlayer-users] Trouble playing Nerodigital with ac3

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Sat Dec 29 20:26:23 CET 2007

Il Saturday 29 December 2007 19:35:44 Shane ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> The new Nero recode 3 has the option to embed an ac3 stream
> into its mp4 container rather than the aac stream which is
> default.  Mplayer svn won't recognize the stream though.
>
> If a sample would help, let me know and I'll see what I can
> generate.
>
> Shane

blame ISO, that is always so long-sighted as to have chosen
one of the worst formats available (MOV) as a base for their
branded container. The sad thing is that every codec needs specific
codec_id and special handling; since  AC3 wasn't even considered
Nero had to resort to an extension, in this case dac3.
Try attached patch (untested)