[MPlayer-users] problems with dvdnav

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Sun Dec 30 14:26:50 CET 2007

Il Sunday 30 December 2007 14:03:18 vdmsss ha scritto:
> On 28 Dec 2007, at 21:30, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> > read my previous message: the first / is read in the hostname
> > part
>
> Nico, clearly what the man says at the moment is wrong:
> > mplayer [dvd|dvdnav]://[title|[start_title]-end_title] [options]

I expressed incorrectly what I meant: the / *separates*
the hostname from the pathname

> but what exactly exactly is the syntax? And what does hostname
> mean? If I run
>
> 	mplayer dvdnav://localhost/dev/rdisk1
>
> I get an error "hostname must be an integer"; and if I run
>
> 	mplayer dvdnav://1/dev/rdisk1
>
> (or apparently any other number) I get again "Can't stat
> dev/rdisk1. No such file or directory". But if I run
>
> 	mplayer dvdnav://1//dev/rdisk1
>
> (notice the double / twice) it works, and it's clear that hostname
> means title.
>
> Best

there's no inconsistency: the hostname part (numeric in this case)
is the url component after the eventual @ and before the first /, thus
dvdnav://title_nr/DEVICE_PATH
is a perfectly valid syntax if you remember to add a leading / to
DEVICE_PATH