[MPlayer-users] MP4 container question [SOLVED]

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Sun Dec 30 18:47:08 CET 2007

> Ok but what I'm trying to say is that if should say "MP4 format detected"
> when
> in fact is mp4 and not a mov (even though the same demuxer is being used.)

I beleave that people, developing MPlayer, consider "format" as a
compression / muxing format - not a simple container format like AVI or MOV.
On the other hand, users (like me and you) usually imply just an "outer"
file format under this term, and imply the compression format under "codec"
term.

I think users must accept all the terms, as they're described in the doc, as
soon as this is an open-source project.

Sorry for the flame.