[MPlayer-users] Forcing keyframes with x.264 possible?

Mark Daniel Reidel mplayer-users at mark.reidel.info
Thu Feb 1 00:01:08 CET 2007

Hello list!

Lately, I have started converting all my DVDs to MKV with x.264, but I
found one thing very frustrating: you can import a chapter-list into the
MKV, but seeking is not always possible to the precise time given for a
chapter, since seeking is only possible to key-frames. And there's not
always a key-frame at the time of a new chapter...

So my question is: how can I force keyframes at certain times? I thought
about modifying the divx2pass.log-file, but I have no idea how, since
there's no documentation for it :o(
Anybody solved this riddle? Or is seeking to non-keyframes possible with
MKV when giving a certain switch?

	- Mark