[MPlayer-users] Concatenating audio dumped streams

DaveG mplayer01 at dgmm.net
Mon Feb 5 22:48:26 CET 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 09:00, Avishay Orpaz wrote:
> Hi
> I have several dumped audio streams which I want to concatenate into a
> single WAV. I tried:
>
> mplayer -ao pcm:file=.... file1.dump file2.dump ...
>
> but that gave me only the last file in the series. Is there a way to tell
> mplayer to join them?
>
> Thanks,
> Avishay

Not sure if either mplayer or mencoder can cancat audio into a single wav
file.

sox can probably do it though

sox [options] file1.dump file2.dump...  [options] output.wav

where [options] for the input may need to specify the file format and
[options] for the output may need to specify what you want the output to be
rather than default bitrate etc.

On further reflection, how about:

mencoder file1.dump file2.dump [...  filen.dump] -oac copy -vo null -o
output.aud

followed by

mplayer -vo null output.aud -ao pcm:waveheader

(produces audiodump.wav in current directory)

--
Dave