[MPlayer-users] using an other computer to calculate the image

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Feb 8 00:33:58 CET 2007

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:00:47 -0500
Ivan Kowalenko <ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com> wrote:

> MythTV manages to stream videos ranging from 320x240 to 720x480
> (ranging from 2Mbit to 8 Mbit) on my network,

You've simply misunderstood the senario.

You're talking about a case of sending the lossily encoded video
(MPEG2, MPEG4, etc.) over the network... There's more than enough
bandwidth for that, of course.

If you DECODE the video on one machine, and send the UNCOMPRESSED video
over the network to another machine, the situation is vastly different.
 You're now talking about several orders of magnitude more data being
transmitted.