[MPlayer-users] Possible serious problem in mplayer with changing dvd drive speed

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Feb 9 17:34:35 CET 2007

Ergzay wrote:

> I noticed mplayer can set the dvd drive speed using -dvd-speed. The
> man page says that it will reset the dvd drive speed to normal on
> exit. What if mplayer crashes or is given a kill -9?

it's users' business if she sends a kill -9

> Will it still set it back? I do not myself know how to manually change
> drive speeds so I am worried that if I might use this option (or
> someone even less experienced with mplayer using this option) then the
> dvd drive speed will get stuck at some value.
>
> Ergzay

not higher that it can actually support; at most lower, but it can still
be raised

 Sponsor:
 Refill srl il paradiso della tua stampante - cartucce e toner compatibili, inchiostri e accessori per la ricarica, carta speciale. Tutto a prezzi scontatissimi!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5187&d=9-2