[MPlayer-users] paranoid about init-script

Leo Wandersleb leo.wandersleb at gmx.de
Mon Feb 12 12:00:48 CET 2007

hi *

after my pc slowed down due to other server stuff i don't need i went through my /etc/init.d and discovered /etc/init.d/mplayer

as i'm not a bash-god i was not sure what this script was all about and tried to google it. unfortunately i didn't find any source stating this script actually belongs to mplayer. i found only very little evidence others had this script, too.

is this script made up by the mplayer-team, harmless and needed?

thanx for a short yes or no

greetings