[MPlayer-users] portable video format?

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Mon Feb 12 18:15:09 CET 2007

>   test1.mpg:  MPEG-1 codec, MPG container
>   mencoder /dev/dvd -nosound -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video \
>     -of mpeg -mpegopts format=mpeg1 -endpos 10 -o test1.mpg

The (current) proper way to make MPEG1 playable with windows is:

mencoder /dev/dvd -nosound -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video -of lavf \
-lavfopts format=mpg:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames \
 -endpos 10 -o test1.mpg

You should also scale the video because the m$ player ignores totally the
aspect ratio and plays the video unscaled.

Ciao
Giacomo