[MPlayer-users] gl/g2 don't work well with -wid in windows

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Feb 17 20:19:21 CET 2007

Hello,
On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 06:17:10PM +0100, Pepe wrote:
> The manpage says that the option -wid works with X11, OpenGL and DirectX (it
> seems it works too with xv).
>
> I'm developing smplayer, which works both in linux and windows. I use the
> option -wid to embed mplayer in my application. Under Windows it works well
> with directx (and directx:noaccel) but not with gl or gl2.
>
> The problem is that when I resize the window some strange things appear. See
> screenshot: http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/c0ec0c871e.jpg

What happens with directx compared to that? Since with -wid the
windowproc is not registered, the vo does not know when you change the
size.
Clearing the window after resize will at least get rid of the crap.

> Is this a bug?

It's not a tested feature. I might have a look at it when I happen to
boot into windows again, but that is a rare event. So any details you
provide might speed the process up.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger