[MPlayer-users] gl/g2 don't work well with -wid in windows

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Mon Feb 19 17:39:28 CET 2007

El Lunes, 19 de Febrero de 2007 16:20, Reimar Döffinger escribió:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 11:52:36PM +0100, Pepe wrote:
> > I have no idea about Windows programming, but after searching in google I
> > copied this code in my application:
>
> [...]
>
> > I don't know if I've done something wrong but I cannot see any difference
> > at all. gl/gl2 still show the corrupted video after resizing.
> >
> > I've uploaded the binary just in case you want to try:
> > http://www.escomposlinux.org/rvm/temp/SMP/smplayer_gl.zip
> >
> > But are you sure that this is the problem? I mean, if the window hadn't
> > permission to draw OpenGL then nothing would appear, but it does.
>
> Well, nothing appears for me at all, so this was supposed to fix my
> problem, not yours :-).

Which version of Windows are you using? I test my program in two computers
with windows xp and windows xp media center and gl/gl2 works (displays
video).

> But since your are using Qt I think that
> SetPixelFormat you add yourself happens far too late.
> Btw. you have the very similar problem under Linux/X11, you must select
> an OpenGL capable visual for the window.

Well, in linux I have 3D acceleration disabled, so when I choose gl or gl2
it's extremely slow but it works, even resize works.
But I don't know what would happen with 3D activated.

> Probably using something like this is the only sane solution:
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/qglwidget.html , though it does far too
> much. Something that does not actually create the gl context but only
> creates a windows suitable for OpenGL would be much better.
>
> [...]
>
> > It seems to me that the problem is that mplayer is not resizing the
> > video.
>
> Yes, of course, how should MPlayer find out it got resized? Normally it
> would know by the window messages it receives, but that can not work
> when the window is not MPlayer's.
> vo_directx use a special-case to fix this, attached patch implements
> something similar for gl.
> Please test and see if it helps (as said, I can't test it with any of
> the applications since already creating the GL context fails).

Now the problem is that I've never compiled mplayer in windows, but I'll try
tonight.

--
Pepe