[MPlayer-users] Tearing (not really a mplayer issue)

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Tue Feb 20 18:05:56 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 17:44 +0100, Alexander Roalter wrote:
> The only problem: I get tearing on the image on the TV when mplayer
> does
> horizontal pans, as the refresh of the image does not align well with
> the vertical refresh of the monitor.

The only way I was able to resolve this with TwinView monitors was to
force the refresh rate of both monitors to be the same.  I don't know if
it's a good idea, or even feasable, to change the refresh rate of
TV-Out, so try forcing your monitor to the same refresh rate.

I used these options in my xord.conf:

Option "TwinView"
    Option "MetaModes" "1024x768,1024x768"
    Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "60"